Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

•••Green Is The New Black | Atlanta, GA Photographer•••

Photobucket

Happy Earth Day everyone! To celebrate Earth Day I thought we could share with each other what some of our earth saving tips are. Having a younger sister who is an Environmental Scientist, conservation is continually drilled to us. So in our house we do whatever we can to do our part (and to not suffer the evil glares from little sis). Here are a few of my favorites that we take part in:

(1) Recycling - It's easy and comes right to our door. :) If you don't have recycling service, I found this directory for local recycling centers.

(2) Planting - This time of year flowers and trees are blooming and are so pretty. We have been gardening fools here lately. My sister had passed along The Arbor Day Foundation website to me before we moved into our new house, and I was so excited to learn that with a membership you get 10 free trees!! They have a great selection and also do lots of promotions. It's a great organization to donate to, and who doesn't love free? :)

(3) Reading - I love to read, but I noticed that between the amount of books, magazines, and catalogues I was reading each week it was a lot of paper goods. Slowly, I have started trying to read more e-books and e-magazines. Also, I participate in an online book exchange. My friend Alison shared the PaperBack Swap site to me awhile ago, and it has been great so far. They have tons of children's books and DVDs on there as well.

Now it's your turn...What are some of your favorite Earth saving tips?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous photo! We just bought energystar appliances. We also recycle, although not enough.

Jennifer said...

Someone emailed and asked if I could be a buddy of their's on PBS...I have no problem doing this if you guys are interested. Just leave me your email address.