Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

•••Two | Atlanta, GA Photographer•••

Two years...on Monday, the Husband and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary. The day started like any other...we woke up, fought over who would get into the shower first, got ready for work and headed our separate ways. We knew it was our anniversary and had planned to try to get dinner that night before Justen flew out of town for work. Nothing special.

At 7:24a.m., I raced around the house in a panic (Justen won the shower battle) making sure I grabbed everything I needed for the day before heading out the door. Just as I was visualizing what my plan of attack would be for the morning rush hour, I saw our of the corner of my eye a package with my name on it. Justen, who most wouldn't call a romantic guy, had gotten me a present and not one, but two cards! And he wrote that he made reservations for dinner at a restaurant called Canoe and he would be in town for the night. I was shocked!

The whole hour and forty-five minute commute to work I had a big smile on my face. All day I was excited, and didn't let the fact that I might be eating marinated cow brains or roasted squid liver bother me (I exaggerate. I'm a super picky eater and Canoe is known for delicious game dinners. I am more of a plain chicken and potato girl, but I digress.).

Once we sat down to dinner to celebrate, we began to reminisce. We just couldn't believe how quickly the last two years had flown by! Caught up in the moment, Justen decided that he would like to make a toast. We ordered some wine, clinked our glasses, and then Justen said the most romantic words...

"Here's to an amazing two years of marriage so far, and an amazing two more."

Hmmm...

I had to laugh. So we will have a long happy four years together. :) I knew what he meant (I hope). Neither one of us have been known to be very eloquent at the more romantic moments of our relationship. So I toasted him back, and we had such a fun dinner together.

Photobucket

Thank you husband for planning such a wonderful surprise and making our two year anniversary super special! Love you bunches!


(P.S. - These pictures are copyright of AFS associate photographer Justen and his trusty Blackberry camera phone.)

4 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing at his toast!!! That is just cracking me up. I'm sure he meant it differently. :-)

Glad y'all had a fun night. What was the gift??? (Was it one of his go-to gifts with C's??)

Our Family's Story... said...

Congrats Jen...and you're engagement story is SO CUTE:)

Stefanie said...

haha- cut him some slack Jen. I'd say that was super romantic for Justen. ;) I'm glad you all had a great anniversary. Can't wait to see you this weekend. :)

Erica said...

Hilarious toast!! That is just too funny. Hope y'all had a wonderful anniversary!