Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

•••N+L: The Wedding Day•••

So those of you who have been following me for awhile might have noticed...I don't do weddings. Last summer after AFS kicked off, I received several inquiries from excited brides planning their wedding. I turned them all down. I knew weddings were hard work and I wasn't quite sure I was ready for one by myself yet...I mean this is someone's wedding day! Last thing I want to do is mess it up. Usually, I sent them a list of colleagues with in the area that had a similar style. Mission accomplished...they would find a fabulous photographer elsewhere and I would save myself from the embarrassment of ruining their big day.

I didn't even think anything of it until Miss N contacted me last winter regarding her and her fiance's spring wedding. I was intrigued by her email, and she sounded beyond excited to get married. I met her and her mother in person shortly after and I was sold. They had talked me into it, and over the last few months I became more and more excited about their wedding.

On May 30th, Wedding Day had arrived. I was so excited when I pulled up to their location. Everything was so beautiful! N & L's families had really outdone themselves...it looked like something out of a Martha Stewart magazine. The whole day was gorgeous, and N & L were great. They truly are such a special couple. Every friend and family member that came up to me expressed how perfect they are for one another. So here we go, here are some of my favorite images of the day. Hope you enjoy!

Miss N's bouquet had a special locket on it containing photos of her grandparents. It was so beautiful!
Meeting for the first time...



The wonderful bridesmaids.
Showing off their modeling skills.
The boys had to show off their modeling skills too.

Gotta love the famous jump shot. :)
The bride and her beautiful mom just before the ceremony.
Yea, wedding time!


After the wedding, the guests made their way over to the beautiful tent to eat, drink and have fun!
The bride and groom had opted not to do the traditional wedding cake. Instead they had several different kinds of cakes. Yummy!
Biking is a large part of both N & L's lives. I was so excited to see that they had this vintage bike as part of their decor.
Time for the party to begin!
The couples first dance...
And then everyone joined.

After a long day of wedding fun the couple was off to celebrate their honeymoon. I loved the sign their friends/family decorated their car with...it included their puppy!
Thanks N & L for letting me be a part of your special day. Congratulations again!!

9 comments:

Christine said...

The pictures are beautiful!

Carrie Beth said...

You should SO do weddings!!! The pics are gorgeous. :-)

Carrie Davis said...

Wow, these pictures are awesome!! I'm over here from Naomi's blog - you really should do weddings too!!

Allison D said...

Jen - THESE ARE AMAZING! I have been anxiously checking to see if you were going to give us a preview...LOVE THEM! It was so nice to finally meet you.
Allison

Alison LeBlanc said...

Jen, these pictures are perfect. You did an amazing job! You have quite a career ahead of you :)

Naomi said...

Thank you, Jen! These photos truly capture how special our wedding day was!

Melissa G said...

Those are beautiful, BEAUTIFUL photos!

leo said...

I'm very impressed. Thanks again. You should get Naomi and Susan to write a testimonial for you! I will write one for sure.

Kelley said...

What a beautiful wedding!