Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

•••One Year Ago...•••

...today, Justen asked me to marry him. :)
When we woke up this morning we couldn't believe it had already been a year! 
Our engagement story isn't overly entertaining...Justen only waited five and a half years to ask me to marry him. Some people were almost shocked that we got engaged so soon in our relationship. ;) 

He popped the question after a nice dinner at Chop's restaurant. I had thought something was up because Justen actually made dinner reservations. When we sat down to dinner he asked if I had brought our Buckhead Life Card...I thought all hopes of us ever getting engaged were quickly dwindling.  Surely Justen wouldn't pay for our engagement dinner with a gift card (which I didn't have on me)...I mean he is pretty cheap, but not that cheap. :)

So I did what any normal broken hearted girl would do. I ordered a green apple martini! And when that one was done I ordered another. :)
Once dinner was done, I had, in my somewhat inebriated state, come to terms with going another day with out being engaged and was already planning on our common law marriage celebration. The water person come over and asked me if we would like refills on our water. Water?? Who needs water? Bring me another green apple martini please. :)
As the water person walked away, I remember thinking that I couldn't figure out if this person was a male or female. Another great epiphany came upon me in my drunken state and I decided to put my Common Law celebration planning on hold awhile as to discuss with Justen if he could determine the gender of the water person. Hmmm...my first encounter with a transvestite. I was intrigued! My night was turning around!

I was so excited that I didn't realize that Justen was down on one knee in front of the table. In fact as he tried to scoot me towards him to pay attention to ask I was still discussing it. I mean I wanted to know...he or she? Finally, some where around the fifth or sixth time of asking me to marry him I finally clued in. My answer..."Are you serious?" His response, "No, I am just down on one knee asking you to marry me and you are worried about water person." My response, "Are you serious?". Justen then proceeds to ignore me, take my answer as a yes and stick the ring on my finger. Albeit, it was the ring finger on the wrong hand, but let's be honest Justen was pretty nervous and was four Crown and Coke's into his night as well. :)

The staff at Chop's was wonderful and brought us over cheesecake and champagne (because we obviously needed a little something to top off our dinner of martini's and Crown) to celebrate. We sat there for awhile and enjoyed the first few hours of engagement thinking of how excited we both were, who we were going to call first to share the news, and finally finished our debate of the water person. 

We left Chop's super excited and so happy. And Justen didn't end up paying with a gift card...I had found the man of my dreams. :) 

Love you husband! Happy Engagement Anniversary!

(Professional photos courtesy of Douglas Green Photography.)

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Loved reading your story...even funnier hearing it this time around. :-)

Jessica C Villemain said...

soooo, was the water person a he or she? lol. congrats, I think it's a really funny and cute story!