Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

•••The Birthday Girl | Atlanta, GA Photographer•••

Photobucket
Today is Miss Bella's sixth birthday, and boy did she feel like celebrating! :)

Last night I had just settled down to watch the Britney Spears Episode of Glee when I heard a loud thump upstairs. I assumed it was the dogs playing and went back to watching TV. Unfortunately, I never got past the opening scene because Bella came down the stairs and made such a commotion that I looked over and saw that she was only using her back legs and she was whimpering. I immediately ran to her to get her weight off her front legs and it took about five minutes to get her to calm down enough to lay down. My next task was to try to figure out how to get her into my car to take her to our local emergency vet. Being pregnant I knew lifting Bella, who is fifty pounds, was probably not a good idea, but with the hubby being out of town I wasn't sure what else to do. Luckily, Bella was calming down and she stood up on her own so we made our way slowly to the garage. Just when I thought we were going to make it to the car her back legs gave out. I was doing my best not to freak out, but it was hard looking at her sad little puppy face and knowing she was in pain. Finally, we made it to the car and were on our way to the vets office.

I pull into the parking lot and debate what to do next. I decide to get someone to help me get her inside so neither of us hurt ourselves trying to get her to the check-in area. Well, lets just say Bella has perfected  the sad puppy face to a T and is apparently an excellent actress. I open my car door to get help and Bella leaps into the front seat and out into the parking lot and then sits by my feet shaking with excitement. Hmmm....I became a little suspicious.

I took her inside to get checked in and a short four and a half hours later they brought her to me and gave me the verdict. After much observation and testing, it was determined that nothing was wrong with Bella and that she was one hundred percent healthy. The vet even commented that she had the energy of a two year old rather than a six year old lab. Huh? All the dramatics and she is fine? Perplexed, we headed home and Bella must have been tired from her night out because she instantly ran upstairs and plopped down on her bed. Justen and I joked that she apparently really must have wanted to celebrate her birthday, and decided she would do so with a car ride and a wild night out.

Today she woke up good as new and ready to continue her birthday celebration with extra energy. I decided to take this in stride because I am so glad that she is okay. In the future though if she decides she wants to let loose on the town hopefully she will just call a cab and leave the her old dog mommy out of all the fun. ;)
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Bella!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my gosh, what a stinker! George May is always doing stuff like that, too. Tell Bella you're going to take the vet's bill out of her allowance next time! :-)

Carrie Beth said...

I can't believe she is 6 already! I remember when she was just a tiny puppy. Doesn't seem like that long ago.