Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Friday, December 5, 2008

•••A Little Bit of History•••

My sister Chris and I have been working on a family project for the past few months. Earlier this year we had found boxes and boxes of hundreds of pictures that my grandparents and great grandparents on my dad's side had taken. We thought the pictures were so neat that we decided to scan them and organize them so that everyone could have a copy. That was way back in January when we thought this project would take maybe a weekend. :) Now almost a year later we have about 400 done. We are both continually amazed at what neat things they have captured on film. It also goes to show how certain traits are inherited from your family...both of my grandfathers loved photography, and now I know where my passion came from. Here are some images I thought I would share with you guys...

Here is my grandpa, isn't he cute? :)

Here he is slightly younger. I am thinking this the Olan Mills of the 1920's. :)
I have no clue who this person is, but the back of the picture said "Seabee Sam". I also have no clue, why he is fishing...hmmm, or why he chose to fish in his underwear. Interesting. Rock those whitie tighties Seabee!
My grandfather took a camera with him while he fought in WWII. Here he is with a few of his fellow soldiers (far left). The caption on this said "We had a good time here."
Here is a picture he snapped of Bob Hope as he was getting on stage to entertain the troops.
Hmmm...at least they warned you!
A picture he took of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
A church in Rome or France. We couldn't tell from the handwriting on the back, but isn't it amazing how clear the picture is after all these years?

When he got back from the war he met this pretty lady...my grandma.
I LOVE this picture of my grandparents (far right)! This is them in a restaurant on New Year's in Manhattan. I think I love it so much because it reminds me so much of Justen and I and a group of our friends. They look like they are having so much fun...
I will share more as we get through the project, but that's all for now! :)

3 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Jen, I think you look a lot like your grandma! Very neat photos.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

What a fun project!

Carrie Beth said...

How neat to be able to have a sneak peak into their lives from many years ago, just by going through the photos.