Availability

Currently not booking any sessions.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

•••The Wild Wild West•••

Last week, Justen and I headed out to Arizona for a long weekend with some friends. We were so excited! We have both been working non-stop lately and this was going to be a great break...well we both worked while on the trip, but working is much better when it is in a fun exciting new city, right?

Phoenix is like no other city I have ever been before. We flew for a long time and saw nothing but desert, but you go over a small mountain pass and you have this...a big huge city.
One of our main reasons for going to Arizona was the Georgia game versus Arizona State University (insert your best "GO DAWGS!" here). We were surprised at how many people came to support UGA. There were tons of red and black every where we went! Here is a pic of Justen and I at the ASU stadium. Let me just say it was one of the neatest stadiums I have been to - they built the stadium into a mountain - but it was also one of the hottest. That whole dry heat thing went right out the window the minute we walked in. Temperatures were over a hundred and the mountains blocked any breeze from making it in. I think this is all part of ASU's plot to win...if their opponents can't play due to heat stroke then they win! Too bad the Dawgs are used to heat and humidity! Here is the team celebrating and thanking fans after their big win!
Sunday after the game was an eventful day. We had a whole day to explore before our red eye flight out. As a group we decided to immerse ourselves in the culture of Arizona. So we strapped on our chaps and boots and headed out to brave the desert...
First stop - Gold Field Ghost Town. It was everything we had dreamed it would be. :)
Justen was carousing and boozing a little too much so the good people of Gold Field locked him up. I think he is a continuous violator of rule #1...maybe I shouldn't have bailed him out. Nah, I gotta have someone to pick up dog poop out of our yard. :)
Oh yes, I do love my boozing carousing complaining outlaw!Next up - Canyon Lake. We were shocked that with all that desert to find an oasis. On the fit will survive to see it though...the road to enjoy these cooling blue waters is very long and curvy. I can't even think about it with out getting nauseous again.
Last Stop - The Phoenix Botanical Gardens.
Hmm, you might ask "Well, what could possibly be in a botanical garden in the desert?" The answer -cactus! Lots and lots and LOTS of cacti. We probably saw hundreds of different kinds.
Here are some cacti with holy mountain. Not really sure what the mountain was named but I named it holy because well it had holes. :)
I am not sure what the obsession was, but when you see a cactus you just want to touch it. I know crazy right? But we all did it numerous times until...
...I got stuck with one. Yes, now I understand why there are numerous signs all over the place saying "stay on the path" and "don't touch the cactus". I have learned my lesson and now know not to venture off the path and pretend to be sitting on a cactus for a picture. Trust me, not worth it.
(Photo courtesy of The Galland Family)
Overall, Arizona was a blast! We had so much fun with our friends and fellow fans, and we loved the different atmosphere that Arizona offered. We almost hated to leave. Almost. It is nice to be back in Georgia where the air is cooler and the plant life can't maim you. Ah, home sweet home.

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

We were in Arizona for the game, too! By the looks of your picture, we sat REALLY close to you guys... we were in Section 25 in the same upper section end of the endzone as your pictures. Wasn't it hot but so fun?